On the second day of this new year I visited a cemetery. I walked alone among the headstones, in and out of family plots, next to a new grave topped with flowers that still sweetened the air with their aroma; the air so cold that my breathe rose in grand waves before me.
A cemetery is a place of endings, a place to mark a life once lived but laid to rest. I read headstones of mothers and fathers, of leaders in the community, of teenagers, of babies. And in that place of memories, I was reminded of the amazing gift life is.
“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.“
– Agatha Christie
I step right into this new year expectantly, hopeful. This will be a year of growth and change.
A couple of goals for Elinor McBride Photography:
- visiting the Seattle Art Museum
- displaying my work at an art show
- being a presence at local events, capturing moments in our small community
- networking with real estate agents to secure more listing photo sessions
- selling prints of my work
- continuing to learn and grow my skills
Happy 2018 from Elinor McBride Photography.